So I just can't get over how in love with Devin I am, and how amazed I am at his existence as our son. I think about how long and hard we prayed for a baby, and prayed to become parents, and really compared to some people we didn't wait very long at all, but the wait we had was so worth it! It's amazing to think that we are now so grateful that things didn't work out the way WE had planned them originally...for us to become parents when WE wanted to and on OUR schedule (it turns out that God really knew what was best for us, we just didn't want to believe it at the time!). We realized the other day that if we would have waited even one more month to start the adoption process, we wouldn't have even been available to adopt when NaCole called IAC for birthmother letters! At the time we didn't understand why things were happening so differently for us than for everyone else (or so it seemed), or why they seemed to be taking soooo long to happen (in retrospect it wasn't long at all), but we are just so glad that God worked things out the way He did. We never in a million years would have imagined that God's plan for us would be so wonderful and incredible...for us to adopt our son in such a relatively short amount of time (once we started the adoption process it was less than 6 months) and for it to all go so smoothly. We never knew it was possible to love someone this fiercely and passionately. We knew we would love our children like no other, but I can't even explain how much my heart swells when I think of Devin! I would do anything in the world for him, and I know Tye feels the same way. We can't imagine our lives without Devin now, and we are just so so SO grateful for him!
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Now maybe you can understand how I feel when one of my kids needs me. Everything is revealed and recieved in Gods timing.
Devin is simply perfect!
A-men
Post a Comment