YIPPEE!! Devin went to bed last night at 9:15 (he ate at 9 and went to sleep right afterwards...okay, I had to keep waking him up to finish eating) and he didn't wake up until 6:30 this morning! He usually wakes up around 4:30-5 to eat and then goes back to bed, although he probably would be happy to stay awake and play for awhile at that point (Mommy and Daddy woudn't be so happy to play at 4:30 in the morning, though!). He ate really really well when he woke up this morning, of course, because he hadn't eaten in over 9 hours! The only problem was that he did NOT want to wait the 30 minutes for his medicine to start taking effect before he ate...so we waited as long as we could and then he ate. The Zantac still works if he doesn't wait 30 minutes, but it's most effective if he does.
Our dilemma now is trying to get his bedtime and waking times adjusted right for when I go back to work. I don't mind getting up for a nighttime feeding, so that isn't an issue. But we're trying to figure out what time to put him to bed so that he sleeps well and I can wake him up for his medicine at 7 a.m. and play with him a little before I go to work. The plan is to let him sleep while I get ready for work, and then when I'm ready I'll wake him up, give him his medicine, and spend some time with him before I leave. Tye's grandmas--Devin's great grandmas--will be coming here to watch him so I don't have to get him ready to go or anything. If he goes to bed at 9:30 like he had been, he gets up for a nighttime feeding and goes back to sleep pretty well, but he doesn't want to get up until 8 or 8:30. If he goes to bed at 9, he wants to play when he gets up for his nighttime feeding at 4:30 or 5...that's too early to get up for the day! :)
We're just going to experiment for a few nights and hopefully we'll get something worked out! Regardless, though, Devin slept through the entire night for the first time--that's a cause for celebration! :)
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
YAY! A full night's rest for everyone. I know how great that is.
I don't know how you went 9 whole hours without kissing him!
Post a Comment