Well, I went back to work last week and so Devin has been staying home with Tye's grandmas. He adjusted much better than I expected, which made my adjustment back to work easier. I made up a Devin manual for each of the grandmas ahead of time (which was literally 11 pages with a 4 page addendum...I'm a very detaile-oriented and elaborate person!) so that they would know what his daily routine was like, things he likes (and doesn't like), when and where to put him down for naps, when and how to feed him and give him his medicine, etc. Devin's first day with each of the grandmas was a "get-to-know-each-other" day where they kind of felt each other out and got used to being together all day (and away from Mommy!). But after that first day things went pretty smoothly from what they tell me!
This weekend was crazy-busy and off-schedule, but it was great to at least be at home for most of it! Tye's mom came to babysit Devin Saturday night while we went to Tye's graduation banquet. She was the first person (other than us) to give him a bath and put him to bed for the night, and he adjusted great!
Devin is working on dropping his nighttime feeding, which I'm amazed that he's ready to do already. I assumed he'd be doing middle-of-the-night feedings for a couple more months, but most nights he doesn't wake up to eat now until 6 am (he takes his last bottle at 7:45 pm and then goes to bed for the night)! I just let him decide when to wake up and eat overnight, and a couple of times he hasn't woken up at all but waited until I woke him up at 7 am! He was having trouble sleeping last week from some congestion, but we put a humidifier in his room and are using saline drops before bed and that seems to have helped. Now he's back to sleeping 10 hours before he wakes up to eat! After he eats at 6 am I put him back to bed for an hour, though, because he's still tired (he just woke up because his tummy was empty) and that way I can get ready for work while he finishes sleeping. Then I get him up before I go to work and he's giggly and talkative and ready to take on the day!
We're looking forward to Thanksgiving next week because 1.) Tye gets some time off--yippee!! and 2.) We'll get to spend some time with extended family that we don't see as often as our immediate family. It will be a busy holiday because we have at least 3 places to visit (and eat at!), but it will be nice to be together with our families.
My brother Dallas is getting married this weekend and Devin has a fancy little suit outfit to wear for the wedding. We wanted a real 3-piece suit but couldn't find one small enough that wasn't outrageously overpriced, so we got him an outfit that has black cordorouy pants, a long-sleeved white dress shirt, and a burgundy sweater vest! Aww! He'll be so cute!
As soon as our internet at home gets hooked back up I can upload some more pictures I've taken of the little guy (okay, so he's not so little anymore--he's 14.5 lbs!)...I know everyone's dying to see them!
Monday, November 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It appears that when there is no pictures there seems to be no comments. I will say that I totally enjoyed bath time and I am glad I passed, I was a little nervous though..... I hadn't read the addendum. Love You ALL!!!
Post a Comment